PositiveSingles.com is a dating site created to serve the needs of positive singles, meaning people with STDs. However, a majority of PositiveSingles.com's members suffer from a Genital Herpes infection. Genital Herpes, or HSV 2, is a form of the Herpes Simplex Virus. Unlike the more common HSV 1, also known as cold sores or fever blisters, HSV 2 is a sexually transmitted disease that can cause blisters to appear around the genital area. However, Genital Herpes symptoms can be so mild that an outbreak can go unnoticed.
Even in cases where symptoms rarely manifest themselves, having Genital Herpes can be devastating emotionally for some sufferers. Many HSV 2 positive singles opt to live alone, foregoing intimate relationships for fear of the reaction that may follow disclosing their condition to a prospective partner. Fortunately, shutting yourself off from the world and living in loneliness need not be your lot in life. PositiveSingles.com is an online dating site for single men and women who are positive for STDs.
Although Positive Singles is a dating site for everyone suffering from a sexually transmitted disease, the majority of members are Genital Herpes sufferers.
PositiveSingles.com has two categories of members. There is a free membership and a paid membership category. Standard memberships are free, but the number of excellent member benefits are limited. Gold membership entitles members to access all of the many PositiveSingles.com programs, services and features.
PositiveSingles.com membership is comprised of 43.5% women, 55.5% men and 1% couples. Gold members make up 16.21% of the PositiveSingles.com membership roles. The Positive Singles membership if made up of people on the move, with 19% of all new members signing up using mobile devices.
As with many dating sites, PositiveSingles.com has peak use periods. Members are most active online between 12:00 and 22:00, with the peak being from 18:00 to 20:00. Generally there are more than 1000 people online, making PositiveSingles.com one of, if not the busiest positive singles dating sites on the web.
If you're living with Genital Herpes, you owe it to yourself to sign up for a free standard membership to see what Positive Singles has to offer. This reviewer is sure that once you do, upgrading to a Gold membership will be a mere matter of course. PositiveSingles.com is, without question, one of the best positive singles dating sites available to anyone who is HSV 2 positive.
Basic Features for Standard Members:
Although not as feature rich as a Gold membership, the Standard membership is an excellent, no risk option for anyone wanting to join PositiveSingles.com and try out the dating site's many features. Standard members are able to...
- Place a lifetime profile with up to 26 photos on.
- Check the latest activities from other positive singles.
- Search other positive singles by age, quick, username, state, birthday.
- Initiate free winks, reply to emails and online chat for free.
- Browse lists of herpes care locations and legal information.
- Get support through a 24-7 call centre and emails.
- Read herpes dating tips and advice, first dating ideas, herpes treatment and inspirational stories provided by other positive singles.
Extra Features for Gold Members (What makes Positive Singles Unique):
Being a Gold Member opens up access to a great many features not available to Standard Members. Gold Membership features include everything available through Standard memberships, as well as...
- Send out unlimited emails and initiate chat with favorite members in the private window or with all the online members in the chat room.
- Make profile / photo only available to favorites / gold members / members with photos / members living with the same Herpes types.
- Private Album (show photos to chosen members).
- The ability to request help from a herpes counselor and dating advisor by email & live chat
- Check if sent mail is read on site, and know last login time of other members.
- Read frequently asked herpes questions & answers, safety tips, and dating advice to increase chances of getting a date.
- "Quick Exit" button redirects a member to another site quickly to ensure privacy.
- Search by Herpes types, state / province or zip / postal code / city.
- Get highlighted as a featured member to increase the chance of being noticed.
- Know "who is interested in me" and "who has viewed me".
As the #1 genital herpes dating site, it was founded in 2001 and has gathered 863,900 members in the network.
PositiveSingles.com places great importance on members' personal safety and privacy, and strives to ensure there is no spam, scams or fake profiles on PositiveSingles.com. Each new profile is thoroughly reviewed to make sure it meets the PositiveSingles.com criteria before it is activated. Of course a few profiles that shouldn't pass the screening do, but offending profiles are immediately removed once PositiveSingles.com receives complaints from members.
PositiveSingles.com does not allow any promotions on the site. It is advertisement free!
As the largest dating site for positive singles, the chance of find your date is much bigger than other small sites. This has been proved by over 1600 herpes success dating stories posted on the site.
PositiveSingles, as seen on CNN, AOL and MSN, is the largest, most safe and valued dating site for people with genital herpes, genital warts and other types of STDs to seek friendship, romance and support! The "Dating Advisor" feature of PositiveSingles.com won the Online Dating Golden Heart Consumer Choice Award on iDate Conference 2014.
- Basic membership: Free
- Gold membership:
- 1 month at $29.95
- 3 months at $59.95
- 6 months at $95.95